15 November 2009

Time to get focussed

Right, I have two weeks to get organised for the ODE.

First, I have to decide which class to enter. Pre-training (85 cm max) or Intro (65 cm)?
I have twice previously competed at Pre-Training at this course, last time doing a double clear round jumping. So I will probably get lots of hassle from everyone if I turn up to do Intro. But my confidence is shaky after some refusals and falls this season.

Is it better to go down and level to something I know we can achieve, to re-build our confidence? Or should I challenge us a bit more even though it is scarey?

I need to get some dressage work done, even if I'm not sure which test I'll be doing. We can probably crash our way through the jumping without too much preparation. And there needs to be some fitness work for both of us. Cantering around a bit last Tuesday night demonstrated how unfit we are! So, roadwork, flatwork, a bit of mane thinning (as that didn't get done yesterday) and also a hoof trimming.

That's my spare time gone then!

No comments:

Post a Comment