19 November 2009

Bareback!

We now have a bareback pad - second hand from my friends at the RDA. No excuses now for having to use the saddle when she's a bit sore. This is the Best Friends pad - I thoroughly recommend them.

Log: Wed 18th
Rode in bareback pad + bridle.
45 mins of slow, long and low walking around orchard.
Started out spooky with high head carriage and rushing. Gradually calmed down, got some nice stretching downwards. Did need constant half halts to slow her as the natural inclination is to walk out quickly.
Hock still puffy and warm. Finished with leg stretches and tummy lifts.
Note - need to do more massage.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! I would love one of those. Fox is so bony and so is my bum, bareback isn't too comfortable for long periods of time but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ridden bare back in a looong time. I ought to try again, although like Raven, my bony bum might be more uncomfortable than anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should try these pads, they really make a difference. I put a regular saddle blanket underneath and you could pad up your bony horses as needed. As it is suede, you have a bit more grip (we all know about wriggly, slippery ponies and bareback) and sooooo comfortable.
    Plus you can feel so much more through your seat. That's why the RDA uses them for theraputic riding, so the kids can get the benefit of the horse's warmth and movement.
    Go Best Friends - they make great stuff (not a paid advertisement!)

    ReplyDelete