Cambodian horse/pony at Angkor Wat, 2005.
I was fascinated by these ponies that I saw grazing on the lawns inside the temple walls. Tough, hardy types that look a lot like the Eastern European ones from the Russian Steppes. I guess they could have made their way right across into Asia? Did Ghengis Khan go that way or just west? I can imagine the Mongol hordes riding something just like this.
Anyway, they look like good doers despite the small amount of tough, tropical grass they had.
LOG: Hack to and from arena - 7 km total at walk. Not so demented but looky and determined not to walk straight. Short rest then 45 mins schooling in arena for dressage test. Lots of practise on canter transitions. Need to get some help with this! Tends to run off and get very hot, pulls reins out of my hands, not very dressagy!



No comments:
Post a Comment