06 November 2009

Guy Fawkes survived, so far

We made it through last night with no major injuries. Just R and me pretty tired as we were out till eleven calming a couple of ponies.

Possum was fine, and as she is far enough away from town it doesn't get very noisy at her paddock. She is still revoltingly in season so I left her next to the boys for some entertainment. Well, I think it is entertaining even if they don't. They can sniff and squeal or ignore each other as they want, which must be better than standing in a far-off paddock with no company?

I am watching her carefully as she cycles to see if she shows any reaction this time around. She is still on the tiger lily preparation for the rest of the month, but has finished her course of Apis. Yesterday she had a hot and slightly swollen udder and I thought I could see some swelling in her hind fetlocks. It was a really hot and sticky day though - still 24C while I was driving home from work at 5 pm. She was a bit sticky looking too, from sweat and the boys' lickings. I think it must be time for a bath and makeover this weekend.

PS Complete Fail! on protecting the cat from the fireworks. I forgot to shut him in the house but found him later, totally unphased by the humungous bonfire and explosions from next door. He just strolled up, asked for a petting and looked perplexed when I asked if he was frightened. Another advantage of adopting an ex-street cat from the SPCA, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment