23 November 2009

Monday

New saddle is a Wintec 500 dressage (red gullet).

{Photos here}


Hopefully this will give a better fit as it is a better size for my bum and has nice wide panels and channel. The problem is my little horse has a bit of a short back, so to get a saddle that fits me, often is too long for her. I like the Wintecs as you can adjust the gullet size as your horse changes shape, and they are so easy to look after. My beloved Pro Dressage is too small for me and I miss it so, as it is amazingly comfortable and puts me in a great position. You could almost think I can ride when you see me in it!

So we have an appointment with the saddle fitter in a couple of weeks. I will continue to ride her with the special pad, and in the bareback pad, and also do our exercises and massage. Hopefully this will result in a happy horse, good saddle fit and one relieved owner.

Although, judging by the 30 minutes it took to catch her, she might be in some pain that needs more than a massage...

LOG: Took half an hour to catch her. So she got lots of trotting about (equivalent to lunging?) I got a walk in the fresh air and that was enough for a Monday. I pulled her mane while she was nice and warm. Still spooky in the yard, won't eat her hardfeed. Will try sugarbeet next.

No comments:

Post a Comment