13 October 2009

Back to normal?

Her majesty seemed to be fine last night, all the swelling has gone and she has no other symptoms.

So weird. I am hoping this is just an abberation, a little hormonal blip and nothing more will come of it. But then it might explain why she suddenly stopped wanting to jump. If there is something going on, it would be best to know and figure out where to go from here. The prognosis is not very good, with the recommended treatment to take out the growth/ovary. I can't imagine that is going to be very cheap.




Penny says "I don't feel so good. What is happening???"

1 comment:

  1. Yeesh that is no fun at all. However, with surgical removal of an ovary (god forbid it comes to that), the prognosis can actually be quite good. I've known a couple mares that had a standing surgery to remove an ovary for varying reasons, and they went on to be ridden and bred with no problems. Here's some more stuff on ovarian abnormalities: http://www.ivis.org/proceedings/AAEP/1998/Mccue.pdf

    I'm a breeding major, so this is my kind of thing, I love this stuff.

    ReplyDelete