11 May 2009

Slack A*se


Our first ever dressage test, May 07

Oops, so much for blogging every day.
The "best laid plans of mice and (wo)men" as the Bard would say.

Still, here I am again, starting afresh on a Monday morning when it is so early that its still dark outside.
Big weekend with the horse - I rode both days and had a lesson yesterday. Miss P is still quite stiff in her hindquarters, especially to the left. She won't step through from behind and really swing, so it feels very stilted and up and down. We don't know if this is just inherent although she was working much better before vintage (and I stopped riding for 2 months - sigh, but that's my job) after some consistent lessons/work. Maybe it is to do with her back being so badly out last time she was checked?
So anyway, our dressage tests this weekend are likely to be interesting, to say the least! We are only doing the PC tests C and D which don't even have any circles, so it won't be too challenging. And I am looking on it as a learning experience, with my coach there to teach me how to prepare and warm up properly, rather than focussing on the tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment